Is there a way I can make organic pesticide?

Reaction score
In the summer I have a terrible time with bugs especially Japanese beetles, but I don't like store bought pesticides because of the environmental dangers. Does anyone have a good (and helpfully cheap) solution to my problem?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
In the summer I have a terrible time with bugs especially Japanese beetles, but I don't like store bought pesticides because of the environmental dangers. Does anyone have a good (and helpfully cheap) solution to my problem?
There are many store bought organic pesticides that are completely harmless to everything except insects, Spinosad and Neem oil work well on beetles. But if you want something homemade make some garlic pepper tea or use liquid dishwashing soap.

Reaction score
I have used both the store pesticides as well as the home remedies that Chuck mentioned and both of them do the job. Japanese beetles LOVE roses, good luck with the nasty little critters.

Reaction score
Actually, I read something today about how people in India use ordinary Coca Cola as an insecticide. I haven't tried it, but would like to give it a go. I have mainly used pyrethrum organic insecticide in the past. A friend told me that spraying milk or black tea also gets rid of bugs. But to be honest, I never really had many problems with pests in my garden.

Ask a Question