Orange tree issues in Phoenix

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello! First time poster on this forum and looking to get some help with my orange tree. I am not sure what type it is, but has appeared seriously unhealthy and deteriorating since we moved in to this house 3 years ago. I am in Phoenix, so there is both extreme heat and near freezing cold for short bursts of time in the winter. It is planted on a slope, which I am sure does not help the deep watering desired, but nonetheless I would prefer for healthy growth and edible fruit. I have posted some pictures below of fruit and leaves and am hoping I can get advice on pests and nutrient deficiencies to attempt to address. The new growth appears to be all pale yellow with some remaining healthy green foliage toward the bottom. The rest is yellow and green with the yellow appearing toward the leaf ends with some browned tips. Of course, this is in addition to the leaves being eaten by "something" and the fruit very bumpy and discolored...
IMG_6216.JPG
IMG_6217.JPG
IMG_6218.JPG
IMG_6219.JPG
HELP! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum Justin, and sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with your orange tree. I have no experience with them personally, but hopefully someone here will be able to help!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Maybe a picture of the whole tree would help? Generally, yellowish leaves indicate a nutrient deficiency. Other than being on a slope, what's the condition of the surrounding soil?

Ask a Question