One ugly tomato.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
How do the real big ones taste? I find they are more bland than the wee ones but Im no expert

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
It has not been a good year for tomatoes here either. Rain caused the skin to split and not enough heat to ripen them. But I have had some wee ones which are truly delicious.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
How do the real big ones taste? I find they are more bland than the wee ones but Im no expert

Depends on the variety I guess. My big German tomatoes can get pretty huge, but have an excellent sweet flavour. Not as acidic as, say, Romas so better for salads and such than cooking.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I used my wee ones for my spaghetti - truly sweet - gardeners' delight and Sugardrop .. yummy.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I worked for 4 hours solid yesterday and slept very well and late into 7am. Fancy @BigC 's mind darting with ideas and still awake at 4am. My heart bleeds.. I was snoring heavily at that point, probably inhaling a lot of drug fumes from next door. Must hurry up the tidying process.

Ask a Question