One Man's struggle against the floods

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Blimey, i've got very little concept of a landmass that big, apart from working in Turkey, where everything seemed to be 2 and a half hours drive or an hours flight away.

This is me and my "crew" out there :D

zig in aphrodisias.jpg

Reaction score
Nice pic, what were you doing in Turkey?

I'm used to everything being miles away. Takes 10 hours to visit my grandkids which is a real bummer. I only get to see them about twice a year.

I've lived all over the USA. On both coasts, and a lot of the landlocked states. I always seem to end up back in the middle.

In 3 years our plan is to move to Belize. I will have to learn to garden all over again, it's so different there. I'll be very near the ocean! Might even be ON the ocean. My dream is one of the houses the build on stilts on the water. Garden will be on the roof. .

If not I'm going for a few acres with a huge greenhouse. (mainly to keep the heat our so I can grow a few northern things that I'm used to)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I was teaching the locals how to use Lime Mortar in extreme conditions, its too hot in the summer and under 4 foot of snow in the winter.

Working on Aphrodisias, a lovely Roman City
005.jpg

Belize sounds good :)

Reaction score
I heard the situation over there was really bad, but I never thought it was that bad. So sorry for the people living there :( I was told by my soon sister in law that the English government was asking the advice of dutch engineers (seeing what they can do about the floods).

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
We got a couple of huge Dutch pumps, but they're eroding the bank on the other side of the river so they had to stop using them.

Drove to Bristol yesterday, there are floods on top of the Mendip hills

Ask a Question