Nutrient packed fruits

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
I have come across several nutrient packed fruits that are all the hype with regard to their nutritional zing. Some of these are thornmelon, kiwi fruit and the good old avocado. In my region, thornmelon is tops currently. It was previously wild but now domesticated. It is said to check a large inventory of diseases including cancer and high blood pressure. Any such fruits in your area?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Absolutely! Check out Moringa oleifera it is a tree and a super food. All parts are edible. I just left a post about it in the thread "Moringa for beginners" started by @Corzhens. A quick search of the internet will reveal just how many nutrients are in the fruits, leaves, etc. of this tree. This is a must have for the future for people in the warmer climates where the trees will grow well. The tree grows fast too. In places where the trees will not grow, dried parts of the tree are found in the form of vitamin supplements and are available in most natural food stores, so not only people in the warmer climes can take advantage of the nutritional value of this tree.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3b
Country
United States
wish i could grow pomegranates in my zone. i love them but they sell for $2.50 ea. up here! i just planted blueberries, elderberries, serviceberries, autumn olive, goumi berries, honeybees, seaberries. aronia berries and black currants on my 1/2 acre lawn. all are considered super fruits. many have anticancer, antiviral properties as well. with all the bad stuff like pesticides and pollution we have in our environment, we need all the help we can get! once i get a crop i would consider trading some of these berries for some of your wamer weather crops. ;)

Ask a Question