Not for the compost pile

Reaction score
Are you sure about that? ;)

Still, makes sense I suppose...what does a rotting coconut even look like?
Like this:

P1010713.JPG

Reaction score
You can compost anything in moderation, providing you compost properly, the only thing I don't put in the heap is perennial weeds.
For things to compost properly the heap needs to get hot, hot enough to destroy seeds and any bacteria or mites, it also needs moisture, so water your heap regularly

Try to build up in layers, and stir at least once a week, this is to mix partly rotted with new additions, do add too many grass clippings in one go, they can turn into a stodgy mess in no time.

Always cover the heap to keep the heat and moisture in, preferably a wooden lid, with some old carpet underneath it. this will also help keep rodents out if you add food scraps to your heap

The one thing not to add is tea bags, they are made with polypropolene, and will not rot, if you must recycle the tea bags you will need to tear them open first.

Reaction score
Are you sure about that? ;)

Still, makes sense I suppose...what does a rotting coconut even look like?

Coconuts are a seed, but as the husk is quite hard, they will take a lot of time to rot down, best to break them up into small pieces if you must add them !

Ask a Question