Nosey people

Reaction score
Comes from having Ginger hair when you were little, you either learned how to make people laugh very quickly or get beaten up for being "different"

I don't get what the bias is against redheads. It's just another hair color. What makes blonde hair dandy but not red? Who decides which hair color is superior?
The whole thing is just stupid. There was an episode of South Park that came out which said that redheads don't have souls. That's ridiculous.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Growing up Ginger was a nightmare

zig nettie 001.jpg

If you had hair like that you were a full target for all the bullies. Think I was 14/15 in that pic.

Reaction score
That was pretty clever. I don't know how you guys come up with these sharp comebacks and witty remarks on the fly. I always come up with something smart I should have said, about an hour later when the conversation is over and I'm in my kitchen staring into the fridge, trying to decide what to cook for dinner.

Yup, that would be me, too....and by then it's just way too late....

Reaction score
Growing up Ginger was a nightmare

If you had hair like that you were a full target for all the bullies. Think I was 14/15 in that pic.

Zigs, my husband didn't have the red hair, but he was always the smallest guy around. He, too, learned to use his wit as a weapon, rather than defending himself physically. I'm not sure it's terribly kind, either way, but there's something intriguing about being able to have a come back that leaves the other guy scratching his head, rather than rubbing a sore nose.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Yep, still remember one of the bullys saying don't hit him, he's funny, oi rusty, say something funny.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Oh my gosh, Zigs! Look at you! A bit of Irish in you?

I don't get what the bias is against redheads. It's just another hair color. What makes blonde hair dandy but not red? Who decides which hair color is superior?
The whole thing is just stupid. There was an episode of South Park that came out which said that redheads don't have souls. That's ridiculous.

It's really not all that different from skin color issues that people have had to deal with for centuries. Some people are just ridiculous when it comes to diversity. It's not as if being ginger-haired was some kind of deformity. Small-minded people just need targets for their anger and ignorance. Maybe one day the world will finally get past that kind of foolishness.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Oh my gosh, Zigs! Look at you! A bit of Irish in you?

There are rumours that we came from Ireland, but so far only traced the family back 500 years to Dorset.

I wouldn't mind having hair that colour now, its just faded to road kill mouse colour:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I wouldn't mind having hair that colour now, its just faded to road kill mouse colour:D

I'm sure willow would LOVE to help you with that :) You know you could easily use tea to alter your hair color if you really wanted something different that didn't involve a chemical process. I've been looking into henna, but supposedly just rinsing with chamomile supposedly can give you golden highlights.

LOL, then you'll be getting a whole other set of nosey questions from people!

Had an interesting chat at Henna Happy Hour yesterday with a young man (18 yr old) who asked at a point "How do you know this stuff?" Normally the question might annoy me slightly (why wouldn't I know stuff?) but this time I laughed and said "Because I'm old!" Young people are priceless! I told him when he was my age he'd know a lot of stuff too!

Of course my mother objected to my having said the reason was my age, but my point was that I have had a lifetime to gather all this information, of course I know things!

There was another situation several years ago where someone asked that and another person said "She spends a lot of time on the internet." Really? So I was just stupid before the internet came along? #dumbstuffpeoplesay

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
:D Same as watching telly, some people watch a lot of Documentaries, Educational programmes and other people sit and watch "My Name is Earl"

You could spend a lot of time on the internet and still be as thick as the last game you played, or you can learn things:D

I'm always drinking tea, maybe that's why its gone that colour I'm sure Willow would love to get hold of my hair, wouldn't know what colour it would come out though.

Reaction score
I'm sure willow would LOVE to help you with that :) You know you could easily use tea to alter your hair color if you really wanted something different that didn't involve a chemical process. I've been looking into henna, but supposedly just rinsing with chamomile supposedly can give you golden highlights.

LOL, then you'll be getting a whole other set of nosey questions from people!

Had an interesting chat at Henna Happy Hour yesterday with a young man (18 yr old) who asked at a point "How do you know this stuff?" Normally the question might annoy me slightly (why wouldn't I know stuff?) but this time I laughed and said "Because I'm old!" Young people are priceless! I told him when he was my age he'd know a lot of stuff too!

Of course my mother objected to my having said the reason was my age, but my point was that I have had a lifetime to gather all this information, of course I know things!

There was another situation several years ago where someone asked that and another person said "She spends a lot of time on the internet." Really? So I was just stupid before the internet came along? #dumbstuffpeoplesay

I know a lot of diverse and sometimes odd stuff because I read a lot. Reading a lot of books and newspapers is what I did for most of my life before the internet came along.
I guess to 18 year olds who have always had internet, it seems shocking that people read and learn things without Googling them.

Learning is a lifelong process and I admire people like you, Chanell that are constantly learning and improving themselves. I actually follow a couple of your Pinterest DIY boards.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I know a lot of diverse and sometimes odd stuff because I read a lot. Reading a lot of books and newspapers is what I did for most of my life before the internet came along.
I guess to 18 year olds who have always had internet, it seems shocking that people read and learn things without Googling them.

Learning is a lifelong process and I admire people like you, Chanell that are constantly learning and improving themselves. I actually follow a couple of your Pinterest DIY boards.

Oh no, the 18 year old was impressed; he likes learning about things as well. The person who insulted me by suggesting I only became smart after the internet was someone else; someone (a bit older) who isn't as inquiring as you or I.

Thanks for the compliment, BTW :) Am I following you back on Pinterest?

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't know at the time but the chap had mental health issues and believed every word

Just driven thru the town where I used to live & saw the very same Bloke, he was wearing a Pink floppy hat, a bright green long cardigan and a very loud floral dress.

See why I moved?

Ask a Question