No more thumbnail pictures...?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
I haven't been able to move the bookmarks side bar to the right, what is the secret?:(

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Click the icon that looks like a page. See the star that says "Bookmarks" with the drop down menu? Click it. Move sidebar to the right should be the fourth one down. :)

Hmm... No, I can't drag and drop my house. I'll go to customize. (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Customize should work for you, if not i'll try to create the exact process i used to move the house. I never remember my successful processes because i always assume they will not be successful:confused: But i think i can recreate what i did and give you a step by step. Let me know if it is still not working for you after going through customize.

I, on the other hand, now have my Bookmarks on the right side which i see as a huge success thanks to your good instructions. Yesterday, i tried every possible way except the correct one:rolleyes: Now i am not hating Firefox so much but it does not enable me to enlarge photos posted on GF. It did for awhile before the update. I guess i can live with that. Thank you so much
blowing kisses.gif

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It worked with customize. :) I might have to play with it a bit to get everything exactly where I want it, but I don't hate it as much, either! (y) I might not restore the previous version. I still haven't seen anything better about the new version, but... :meh:

I also added "Print this page" to the toolbar, maybe if I use it more often, I won't bookmark so much! :rolleyes:

but it does not enable me to enlarge photos posted on GF. It did for awhile before the update.

:unsure: Is it all photos? For me, some it will and some it won't, but it's always been that way. I assumed it had something to do with either their camera, or whether or not they edited the photo.

For instance, this one I can enlarge

1103171151b.jpg

But this one I can't.

1013171322.jpg

I changed the camera settings on my phone; the phone has a "Frame" option, and I added the leaves for Larisa. :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
I cannot enlarge any GF photos, some don't enlarge because they are already as large as they can get, but others do enlarge, but not for me. For example, i went through all the photo contest photos for December and none of them enlarged, but i remember pre the latest update i was able to enlarge ones that now i cannot. This is no big crisis but even before the update sometimes a photo would enlarge and sometimes the same photo would not enlarge next time i tried. I think Firefox gets moody sometimes about this and i can relate.:rolleyes:

If you are still experiencing a loading slowness, i saw the issue addressed in the "getting started", but i didn't read it, but it is there. It would take a lot.for me to change my browser. I have had it forever and have never had a problem when IE was getting hacked about every other day, Firefox was not and i like that it is an org.:happy:

You should now be able to move things around easily now that you have met the shark in a box:joyful:

I also added "Print this page" to the toolbar, maybe if I use it more often, I won't bookmark so much! :rolleyes:
Yeah, but wouldn't you rather have a long bookmarks page than paper everywhere? and you can do a lot to manage the bookmarks in different categories, etc
idon'tknow.gif

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Well, what the...:confused: I wasn't sure whether you meant the submissions or voting thread, so I went through both, and every picture in both threads gives me the option to click to enlarge. I'm not sure this is a Firefox problem. :(

:arghh: Ok, there has to be a way around this for you! You are on a computer with a mouse... try holding down the "Control" key on the keyboard and scroll up with the mouse. That will enlarge the whole page for you to look at the photo, and when you are done, you can Control and scroll down to bring the page back to normal reading size. Does that work? :unsure:

Yeah, but wouldn't you rather have a long bookmarks page than paper everywhere?

You have a very good point there. Maybe I will just print things like recipes - it's easier to have the paper to refer to, and then I'll categorize the others! :joyful:

(I am loving some of these new smilies!!)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
As for the enlarging part, it should only enlarge if the photo size is bigger than the forum width, and it has been shrunk down to fit. So if a photo is already smaller, clicking it won't do anything :).

Good tip on the CTRL+Mouse Wheel zoom :D.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@Ian i am aware that some photos do not enlarge, but none of the photos enlarge for me when i tested them out on the contest voting thread. Actually they don't enlarge anywhere on the site but @MaryMary solution works very well for me. Before the Firefox update sometimes the photos would enlarge and later the same photo would not enlarge.

Now i notice that when i want to add a reply quote responding to a post i do not get the "reply" option. Edit: Actually, if i select what i want to quote from left to right i don't get the "reply" option but if i select the text from right to left i do get the "reply" option.

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm, that does sound strange. I'll try using Firefox on the site, rather than Chrome, and I'll see if I can spot any problems.

Now i notice that when i want to add a reply quote in responding to a post i do not get the "reply" option.

Any chance you could post a screenshot so that I can see where the reply button is missing? It all looks ok from my end, even in FF. Windows 7 and above have the "snipping tool" (searchable on the start menu), which makes it easy to take screenshots and annotate them :).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Any chance you could post a screenshot so that I can see where the reply button is missing?
Did you see the edit of my post about right to left and left to right?

Now i tried to get the "reply" option and it worked when i selected from left to right above. Maybe there was some delay in having the "reply" option show up and i didn't wait long enough. This has happened a couple of times before.
Screenshot-2017-12-4 No more thumbnail pictures .png

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Ah, I didn't see the edit. Glad it's working now though - I wonder if our server move at the weekend has caused some wierdness. Can you try pressing CTRL+F5 to do a hard refresh of the page, when you're on a page that has a reply box please?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Okay i did a Ctrl F5 on the page in the "i'm not the only one" thread. And now whether i am highlighting right to left or left to right i receive the reply option. I wonder if it has something to do with the smilie at the end of the quote? Maybe the user needs a Ctrl F5 too? At any rate, it seems to be working now. Thank you @Ian :happy:

Ask a Question