No more thumbnail pictures...?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I think it's probably a change in how the browser works, rather than the site - I know that some browsers would try and "upload" the image when pasted in, some just link to the existing image. I think you'd have to do it the longer way to get it working now, unfortunately.

Which browser are you using, and I'll see if there's anything I can find that might re-enable it :).

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Yes...? :unsure: Not on purpose!!

I didn't ask for this update, it installed itself when I clicked the Firefox icon. :cautious:

I am being oppressed!!
Fist-new.gif
Blast you, Firefox!!

:(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@MaryMary i have firefox too and have it on automatic updates. I did notice though if you right click the firefox icon you have the option to "restore previous versions". I've never tried it though but you might want to. Is that a Santa's beard that little man is sporting?:happy:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Yes...? :unsure: Not on purpose!!

I didn't ask for this update, it installed itself when I clicked the Firefox icon. :cautious:

I am being oppressed!!
Fist-new.gif
Blast you, Firefox!!

:(

I think that may be it :(. Most other browsers won't let you use that handy thumbnail either, so I don't think there's a way round it (other than rolling back, but that would mean you'd lose out on all updates)

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I don't think there's a way round it (other than rolling back, but that would mean you'd lose out on all updates)

Ian and Beverly, thank you for helping me figure this out! (y)

I don't like this new version of Firefox, it seems very slow to load. The "refresh" and "home" icons are in the wrong place...And I can't see all my bookmarks without opening another window. Before, they were easily accessed. I might restore the previous version.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@MaryMary there is a place at the Firefox website where you can leave feedback and/or have your question referred to a tech. My first impression of the update was that it was butt ugly...very square and duller than dishwater new icons. I also don't like the home and refresh on the other side of the page. They should be all together and not split up that way. I did write to them and told them that i hated the new version and left all my comments. Then they asked me for $5 (which would be fully refunded) and they would refer my grievances to a tech and i opted out. At first i could not find my bookmarks at all. When i hit "bookmarks" i wound up with "recent history", then when i found my bookmarks i got a partial list and had to select another option to see the full list. They seem to have fixed that because now when i select "bookmarks" i get the complete list. I haven't noticed that the load time is slower. Let me know how the restore to previous version goes. You might also leave comments at the firefox web site, send them and leave when they ask you for $5. I think they got my message anyway because of the changes i noticed rather quickly. Perhaps a few million other people had the same complaint.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I also don't like the home and refresh on the other side of the page. They should be all together and not split up that way.

Exactly!! I know it's just a matter of learning the new set up, but it makes no sense the way they have it. :confused:

They seem to have fixed that because now when i select "bookmarks" i get the complete list.

Maybe I have too many bookmarks. :unsure:

Mine are not all there - I still have to click "Show all" to see some of them. I suppose I could always take notes and/or print a few pages rather than simply bookmarking things like suet recipes and "how to" sites! :LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Okay, i tried to take a screen shot but it would not include my bookmarks on the left side of the page. Are you accessing your bookmarks via the "books on a shelf" icon? Instead, try accessing your bookmarks on the icon to the right of "books on a shelf" (looks like a page) and see what happens

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Beverly!!!! (y) :notworthy: :notworthy: :D Thank you!

There they are, right down to "Violet gelatin and other flower foods," because I use that site so often!! :rolleyes: Yeah, I probably ought to delete some of those...

There is also an option to move that sidebar to the right, if you would prefer. (I did!)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
MaryMary, :happy: But no, thank you, I do prefer the sidebar to the right so i will look for that option. I wonder if we right click the ugly house if that will move to the right as well?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
:eek: You can customize the tool bar. My house is on the right now, although it is still ugly. Right click the house and drag and drop to where you want it. You probably don't have to go to customize, maybe you can just right click and drag and drop:cool::joyful:

Ask a Question