Nice Surprise

Reaction score
Country
United States
Was watering in the Greenhouse and seen this.

big rockpile
20240314_152601.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Cor!! I've looked through loads of Bromeliads, and can't find that one - do you know its name rockpile? (and don't say Fred) ;)
It's not a pineapple is it?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I've been trying to grow a pineapple for years, but every time I just forget about it and things overgrow the pineapple. However, last year I successfully kept all plants from overgrowing it and I protected it during the winter and I just saw a flower emerging.

I was so freakin' excited:geek::geek::geek: And then I read this: https://www.thespruce.com/how-long-to-grow-pineapple-7109411#:~:text=Spring plantings mature to bloom,of up to 34 months.

Quote:

Spring plantings mature to bloom more reliably than pineapples planted in fall, but it still takes from 16 to 28 months for flowers to appear. Fruit development begins about six months after flowering and can take another six months for fruit to develop and ripen for a total growing time of up to 34 months.

SAY WTF:mad::mad::mad: I have to keep babying this thing for another 16 months before I get a freakin' pineapple:mad::mad::mad:

I don't even like fruit...I'm not sure I can do this

😭😭😭

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Of course you can. It will be a huge achievement, and when you are able to show us all the finished job, we will give you a standing ovation and a top rate medal! Just talk to it every day (without swearing) and sing it a nice little love song so it grows all big and lovely.
Your wife will think you are a hero, and will probably invite all her friends around to try a lovely chunk of fruit with cream on! 😎🥳🥳

Ask a Question