JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Last year, maybe mid or late Summer, I took a few roots from my grandma's Bleeding Heart plant. It was very overgrown and she was cutting it down a little so I figured I might as well use it. I planted it along the property line where I share a row of trees, blackberry bushes, and a few other plants and weeds with the neighbor. It's always kind of been an ugly spot but with possibilities. I figured the foliage of it would fit right in and the flowers would stand out nicely. Well, since then, I completely forgot I planted it. At the time, I figured it would just die off and I would never see it grow. Yesterday I was outside and caught a glimpse of pink out of the corner of my eye and sure enough, it grew! I didn't notice it was growing, and it's already in full bloom. Pretty cool surprise! Now I'd like partner it with Dutchman's Breeches.

IMG_2102 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Love bleeding heart flowers, and the rich pink color. They are so lovely and unique. I didn't know you can re-plant it like that. I know a neighbor has one of these bleeding hearts and I will ask for some rootings.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It's a lovely surprise!:D Every blooming plant is like a gift, isn't it? Bleeding heart flowers are super adorable, I like them very much.

Ask a Question