New to the group

Simck72

Simck72
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everybody, I have just joined your group tonight. My name is Simon and I am 50 years old. I was never remotely interested in gardening until about six months ago, now I spend every moment I can in the garden. As I’m learning from scratch I look forward to any advice you can offer.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya Simon, welcome to the forums. My bit of advice to start you off is - keep it going. Sorting the garden solves all kinds of problems.
It is all to do with planning ahead, and there are important jobs to do all through the year. Will you grow vegetables and ornamentals?

Simck72

Simck72
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
@Teeeters I’ve started by modelling the garden with ornamental’s also built feeding station for birds and a regular squirrel visitor, also put in a wild garden for bees and butterflies etc. my aim is see how this goes and next year grow some veggies and herbs.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If you want to grow veg now is the time to decide where so you can give it a rough dig over during the next couple of months. Then when you come to till it fine for seeds the winter weather will have done most of the work breaking up the big chunks for you.

Have a good look round, there is lots her, and the search function is good.

Welcome to the forum, see you around.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I prefer to stick to shrubs and perennials - all quite ornamental, but the way the world is going I foresee a food shortage looming, and an ever growing risk of being told to eat insects, so we grow as many vegetables as possible now. Eating food from the garden which is free of poisons is the best way to protect our health. The supermarkets are full of junk these days and I don't see the situation changing much in the near future. Maybe it would be a good idea to consider this when planning for a veggie patch. Looking after wildlife is also a priority, so good for you !!
By the way, although it is far more Teeters than Tetters these days - there's no need to rub it in :LOL:

Ask a Question