New to the forum, from South Australia.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I see Frances is halfway between Kybybolite and Pooginagoric. I confess I had to look it up.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not masses of Aussies, but you are represented, and it is always refreshing to hear about Spring when everything here is winding down to Autumn.
Welcome to the forum.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Apart from a few native Australians (Is that the correct term for the aboriginal people nowadays?) I reckon almost everyone in Oz has relatives somewhere else.
They are called 'first peoples'. A lot of them are half European now and quite white skinned. Most of them live in the cities (don't we all). Our Foreign Minister says when she lands in a Pacific Island on an official visit she is met by a native elder at the airport, not the Prime Minister. That reminds me of a time long ago before Captain Cook discovered us.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Reminds me of the very first story I put on YouTube called 'Hunter'. One Aussie on another site said my description of the landscape meant that he couldn't believe I had never been to Oz, I might almost be one of the 'first people'. He didn't use that term, but we are from a generation that used 'Aboriginal' in its original meaning, synonymous to indigenous.
There is another I put up later called 'The spear' that is a follow on.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
The art of these 'first people' is of the land and involves lots of dots and circles. It's noteworthy and popular in collections throughout the world. They did not own land but considered themselves to be part of it. Gardeners might recognize the same sympathy to land, soil and the life in it themselves.

Ask a Question