New guy with greenhouse plans..

Reaction score
Country
United States
OK, so we have been assembling materials for our up and coming greenhouse.. A cattle panel greenhouse, we're less than wealthy country folk.. The plan is for 5 panels which is 250 inches and roughly 96" wide.. A floor level or near floor level and a waist level run.. We will be setting up wicking containers with 1/2 of a plastic 55 gallon drum ( see my intro) 10 per level, 20 per side for a total of 40 grow pots.. Food is our intentions so that we provide our own healthy grub.. This is where I/we are at a learning curve, my thumb is not the greenest.. We did just put up 21 Cornish meat birds so we have that down.. A fellow Okie by the name of Leon is what has us excited about wicking pots.. You can find him on youtube as Gardening with Leon, If you watch him you'll Love him and subscribe I promise you..
PLEASE, by all means feel free to add your input, ideas, questions, comments.. I am not a thin skinned fellow so have at it..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
My daughter-in-law tried the wicking containers (of Leon's) this year for tomato plants and they failed miserably. The wicking was too slow drawing up the water and she had to revert to watering them by hand - after which they recovered.

Ask a Question