New guy from SE Michigan.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
I my self do veggies in 3 raised beds and about to expand after 4 years. Wife likes Perennials and has about 3200 sq feet of gardens for them. We also have many shrubs which we allow the deer to trim for us up to a point.

qC6eIN5.jpg

I also keep bees, have been doing it for a very long time. Build my own boxes, feeders and other wood equipment. Run a 72 frame auto extractor when we extract honey.

For summer fun we have a 1985 Buick LeSabre we take to cars shows just about every week end

I might add I love just about evey thing about winter except ice fishing.

:D Al

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I my self do veggies in 3 raised beds and about to expand after 4 years. Wife likes Perennials and has about 3200 sq feet of gardens for them. We also have many shrubs which we allow the deer to trim for us up to a point.

qC6eIN5.jpg

I also keep bees, have been doing it for a very long time. Build my own boxes, feeders and other wood equipment. Run a 72 frame auto extractor when we extract honey.

For summer fun we have a 1985 Buick LeSabre we take to cars shows just about every week end

I might add I love just about evey thing about winter except ice fishing.

Awsome! Welcome aboard! Love the car- I drove a 1985 Electra through my college years. Loved the ride!. Maybe you can share tips on bees for beginners? There are so many here that worry how to attract pollenators.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
I don't see a section on Honey bees on this forum. Be happy to share what I know.

We have made so many friends at car shows with things theyu do covering a wide spectrum.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and welcome to the forum! Great to have you here :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
Winter is my favorite season.
No mosquitoes, no ticks or other biting bugs.
No weeding, no watering.

Just a bit of snow plowing snow blowing. Lots of snowmobileing, cross country sking and so much more.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
Maybe have to do this a couple 3 times a winter. But this wasn't the right blower for the job. It was only -30F below that day. Mother in law was worried I might be getting cold. Couldn't believe i worked up a sweat.

Should have used this blower on the deep stuff but I had not remade it yet. For this snow
the little blower would have been fine.
Was 20F this day with some wind.

Proud of this blower. I picked it up as it sat out for the trash man and put 167 dollars into it. A new engine and two new tires.

Then there was the fun when Brother I and a friend used to take a weeks vacation to snowmobile.

The falls were nearly totaly frozen up.

Can't party all night and ride all day with out a nap.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Maybe have to do this a couple 3 times a winter. But this wasn't the right blower for the job. It was only -30F below that day. Mother in law was worried I might be getting cold. Couldn't believe i worked up a sweat.

Should have used this blower on the deep stuff but I had not remade it yet. For this snow
the little blower would have been fine.
Was 20F this day with some wind.

Proud of this blower. I picked it up as it sat out for the trash man and put 167 dollars into it. A new engine and two new tires.

Then there was the fun when Brother I and a friend used to take a weeks vacation to snowmobile.

The falls were nearly totaly frozen up.

Can't party all night and ride all day with out a nap.

Your pictures remind me of my childhood in Alaska. Here in Alabama such snow comes once in a few decades. I will pass along a tidbit useful for snow thrower braggado, a bit of trimmed rubber from a agricultural machine belt bolted or riveted to the impeller blade and trimmed to a tight chamber clearance will double your throw distance and impress your neighbors.

Ask a Question