New Garden/Landscape Design and Watering

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I am working on designing a new garden/landscape for my backyard. I purchased a house last year and the backyard garden/landscape left little to be desired. My current plan is to add two 330 IBC totes to collect rainwater since there is no hose connection at the back of the house. These will be screened by a screen wall that will have an elevated garden bed in front. We are adding a paver patio and pergola with grape vines in front of that. We added 2 raised garden beds at the back of the yard this year and are building a shed by them next year as well. We are also going to add some berry bushes along the side fence. The final part of the design is what I need help with.

I want to add a drip irrigation system to the entire thing while I have my yard torn up. The shed/raised beds are approx. 200 ft away and the berry bushes are 50 ft away from where the totes will be. I know that to get the water from the totes to the remote areas, I am going to need a pump. I also want to automate the watering process as much as possible. I think that I am going to have 5 zones: raised beds, berry bushes, grape vines, elevated bed and landscaping along the back of the house. Can I use a smart lawn irrigation set up with rain sensor to do this? Would there be a cheaper option to achieve the same control?

I also want to add a hose connection on the shed and by the totes. Do I have to add a manual override to the pump to get water pressure at these points when I want to use those or is there a better way to do that?

Thank you for reading this and for any help that you all can provide!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
So here are some rough diagrams I just did before work. We are adding some 240v to the garage for a compressor this winter and are going to rough in whatever electrical we need for this then. I absolutely will be adding pictures once we are done.
1592395359691.png

1592395374885.png

Ask a Question