Dry landscaped gardens

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Japanese are famous for creating the most exotic dry landscaped gardens. While personally I prefer a lot of greenery and very little of rockery I found this one particularly interesting as it is a combination of both There is a small description to it.

"Garden of the Cross at Zuiho-in, a subsidiary temple of Daitoku-ji, Kyoto, Japan. Zuiho-in was established by the Christian daimyo Ōtomo Sōrin, who laid out the stones in this garden in the pattern of the Cross."

drygarden.jpg

Image Credit
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Daitokuji-Zuihoin-M1836.jpg

Reaction score
Awesome japanese garden. I really like japanese culture and their anime, I had forgotten they had really interesting looking houses and gardens :love: I love their gardens, but only to admire them, I'd never try something like that in my own home, not even if I had the space, but would love having a neighbor with a garden like that.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Awesome japanese garden. I really like japanese culture and their anime, I had forgotten they had really interesting looking houses and gardens :love: I love their gardens, but only to admire them, I'd never try something like that in my own home, not even if I had the space, but would love having a neighbor with a garden like that.

Japanese gardens have a meaning in that every curve, every height, depth tell a story. I have picked up a few principles of Ikebana - Japanese flower arrangements.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love Japanese gardens. They're so detailed, neat and pretty! There is a big Japanese garden in my area. People pay to visit it. It's definitely worth the money.

Ask a Question