Whats your worst and best garden tool buy or gift recieved?

• Thread starter Peace perfect peace
  • Start date
P

Peace perfect peace

With so many crap tools on the market and so many really good ones i find myself during the summer time at weekends going around the verious car boot sales
and you'll find me at the rusty stalls (as her indoors calls them)
These are the stalls with old tools etc on them and boy can you get some good buys, I bought 3 used old metal kitchen colanders for a few euro the lot, Took them home and attached chains to each one a made hanging basket's for outside the kitchen door and filled them with herbs, They've already got hole's all around them for drainage and they're weather ok as they're made to deal with water etc,

You can soon see from what keeps appearing on stall after stall what was made and turned out to be rubbish.

Whats your buys been like?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
Worst thing is the many sprinklers I have bought to water my raised beds. they just can not be made to slither thru the plants like a cheap throw away water bottle.

best thing was the big zero turn mower I bought. My 2 hour yard mowing job plus trimming time hs been turned into just a wee bit more than a hour includeing the trimming.

Al

P

Peace perfect peace

Nice one Al,
After many years of using just any garden tool i got my hands on my wife bought me a really good quality fork and later a spade
I thought all spades/forks etc we're the same "they dig hole's and if to close punture wheel barrow tubes,
But to be honest if you get a good set of quality tools they do make a difference ie these tools came from a good garden centre and the saleman pointed the difference in the verious handles ie "D" or "T" shape grip and the length of the shaft, I was using just the normal size shaft and he said here try this longer one, and it works for me as i dont have that extra bit of a bend and it helps the bach after an hours work or so.
(Tip) This again giving yourself that extra length and ease when using the wheel barrow, if its got the hollowed out handle's cut two pieces of rounded wood 12 to 18 inch long to fit snug into the holes and give yourself that extra longer handle, again ive done this and it works.

The no good buy really the mail order bulbs, they arrive nothing like the size as advertised and ive decided long ago now if i can't see/smell/and touch the bulbs/plants then i dont buy them.

Ask a Question