Needing Potassium

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yes, high in potassium, along with phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, & all the other micronutrients. Basically everything except the gasses like nitrogen because they go up in smoke. Wood ash can raise the soils pH too as it is very basic.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Yes, high in potassium, along with phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, & all the other micronutrients. Basically everything except the gasses like nitrogen because they go up in smoke. Wood ash can raise the soils pH too as it is very basic.
Is the word "alkaline" for clarity better than the word "basic" which has more priority toward different common understandings?

Reaction score
Country
United States
There is a Gardener on the Internet uses Wood Ash regular just not too much.

Oh I know what it will do about 40 years ago it burnt all the skin and some meat off all my fingers.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I uses ashes from my wood stove all over my property in vegetable garden and perennial beds along with my apple trees and lawns and have zero issues with pH. So long as it's used in moderation there is no issue. In fact since I started using it twice a year on my garlic the storage time has increased dramatically. Again, a light dusting to just cover the soil is all I use at a time.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I uses ashes from my wood stove all over my property in vegetable garden and perennial beds along with my apple trees and lawns and have zero issues with pH. So long as it's used in moderation there is no issue. In fact since I started using it twice a year on my garlic the storage time has increased dramatically. Again, a light dusting to just cover the soil is all I use at a time.
Yes I have learned moderation. I've killed with too much.

big rockpile

Ask a Question