Need serious help!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Your best bet is to get a 1/2"-3/4" spade bit and drill into the big roots at the root flare.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Just to update, the 8% solution mixed sprayed directly on the vegitation definately had desired effect. After about a week all sprayed areas are black and dead. Unsprayed leaves inches away appear unaffected. So a least in limited quantities it appears this could be used as a control method. I'm going to use it sparingly to treat the worst offenders in hopes they will not survive when the tree is gone.

I also used a Bruce to apply crossbow directly to some leaves. I also brushed it on the tree after trimming a few new branches and got to the root flare a few inches below the dirt line. A 1/2 in bit about 2 inches deep filled with crossbow. I'll refil it tomorrow. How long will it take going this way if I fill that hole weekly? It's about 20-24" diameter at 3 feet if that helps.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Just don't get in too much of a hurry, you don't want to attract too much suspicion, since you've talked to some recently about wanting to get rid of this tree.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Just to update, the 8% solution mixed sprayed directly on the vegitation definately had desired effect. After about a week all sprayed areas are black and dead. Unsprayed leaves inches away appear unaffected. So a least in limited quantities it appears this could be used as a control method. I'm going to use it sparingly to treat the worst offenders in hopes they will not survive when the tree is gone.

I also used a Bruce to apply crossbow directly to some leaves. I also brushed it on the tree after trimming a few new branches and got to the root flare a few inches below the dirt line. A 1/2 in bit about 2 inches deep filled with crossbow. I'll refil it tomorrow. How long will it take going this way if I fill that hole weekly? It's about 20-24" diameter at 3 feet if that helps.
It all depends on how fibrous the root is. I have had the chemical gone in less than an hour to up to a day. As for how long for the tree to die, its unknown. It will be there one day and dead the next. Just remember to cut all of those dead sprouts down and respray the little stumps.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
What is a Bruce?

I agree with roadrunner. If you made enough noise to the HOA about this tree, they may become suspicious. :cautious:
Haha, proof read before hitting send, stupid auto correct! Brush is what it should have said.

As to the HOA, valid point. They are pretty clueless beyond what's in front them though. It has been a while since the issue was raised and I'll give it a few months at least before bringing the tree down, provided it does not become more of a hazard before then.

My neighbors all seem to agree, they would get rid of it regardless of the hoa.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Here is a better picture of what I am dealing with. The concrete around this tree is all withing 3-5 feet on 3 sides.
trees.jpg

Ask a Question