Need help with the steps to be taken

Reaction score
Hi guys! So our house has a small rooftop garden that is empty right now and I've decided to turn it into a sanctuary for plants. Its really empty as in there is really nothing on it right now. Not even chairs. So my my question is, how should I start? Should I plant first then move on to the chairs and tables? I'm planning to create my own chairs and tables by the way. I'm also planning on planting Marigolds since the rooftop is filled with mosquitoes every night. I live on a tropical country and we experience summer half a year.

I'm planning on doing everything on my own with as little expenses as possible. Any things that you can recommend me? I'm fairly new to gardening but I'm really handy with crafts and doing my own things given the proper equipment. I'll post a picture of the garden tomorrow since its night time already here in my place.

Reaction score
Welcome to the Gardening forum, thenextgeek. Start by imagining what you want where.. Marigolds need sun. .. The would happy on your roof top garden. Great choice and it would be colorful too... decide the kind of furniture you want based on the space available and design the rest of the garden. If you have lot of space you could grow vegetables too.. There are so many vegetables which are beautiful and edible so you could chose those..
Maybe if we know the kind of space available to you and how shady or sunny it is we could give you some practical suggestions.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to Gardening Forums TNG:)

Despite it coming on winter here, we're still suffering from Mosquitoes. Been a wet year. I do find they like to hide in empty plant pots in the day.

Ask a Question