Need Help: What to plant near the street?

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I too would favour the boulder approach with perhaps;

http://sigmasecuritydevices.com/vehicle-arresting/stinger-spike-system.html

One of these planted beneath the surface would make an excellent deterrent? I can't stand anyone who has total disregard for other peoples feelings/property; a small warning sign stating private property protected by tyre stinger could be read after all four tyres were punctured by these unsociable low life I bet they wouldn't be back for an action replay?

Years ago I gave away large heavy tree trunk sections to a friend who was suffering this exact problem and he placed them on his boundary; I think he painted them white?

Kind regards. Colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
On occasion we have mail box damages in our little circle of houses. it is certainly an intended type of damage, not a accident car runs in to type. the last time, I dug a huge hole, got a very thick pressure treated pole, piled cement in the hole, then the pole. then attached "a rubber maid " mail box. so if they wack the box, it will spring back. but if they it the pole, major damage will be done to them, or an object they are using. Knowing the immediate neighborhood, it is outside neighborhoods that do that damage.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Several years ago a coworker was having trouble with vandals hitting his mailbox on a regular basis. He bought a large piece of cast iron water main pipe and 2 sections of railroad track. He installed the pipe to use as the mailbox post by burying it 4 feet into the ground. He put the railroad tracks inside and filled it with cement. It was very effective. It killed the first kid that ran into it. :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Hi,

I too would favour the boulder approach with perhaps;

http://sigmasecuritydevices.com/vehicle-arresting/stinger-spike-system.html

One of these planted beneath the surface would make an excellent deterrent? I can't stand anyone who has total disregard for other peoples feelings/property; a small warning sign stating private property protected by tyre stinger could be read after all four tyres were punctured by these unsociable low life I bet they wouldn't be back for an action replay?

Years ago I gave away large heavy tree trunk sections to a friend who was suffering this exact problem and he placed them on his boundary; I think he painted them white?

Kind regards. Colin.

I actually used a homemade version of this years ago. Someone ran over my "board full of nails" during the night. I had no further trouble for a while. But alas, the struggle did not end. My wife and others feared I might be in legal jeopardy if someone got hurt. So I abandoned the idea.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I agree jonereb about the legal aspect of installing a stinger to deter low life from damaging a garden but what has it come to when such low life have more rights and support than the victim? In our local paper I've seen a report of an offender with over 270 court appearances being given "another chance" no one these days has a back bone to stand up and be counted because the victim has no friends. :(

Kind regards, Colin.

Ask a Question