Need help nursing my aloe plant

Reaction score
Long story short, my aloe plant got repotted with water retaining soil. I realized what had happened after a few weeks and now it's in a new pot with the correct soil. It's been about two weeks since I repotted it and it's still alive (I can see new leaves growing) but I'm worried about the older leaves.
There are two leaves where the sides have curled inwards in spots. And a couple of the leaves are very thin. I wonder if I should prune any of the damaged leaves to help the newer ones grow healthier.

Any advice is appreciated.

(I'm also not sure if the drooping is a problem. Everywhere I read it says my aloe needs more sun, but it also tends to get sunburnt really quickly. I'm not sure how to find a middle ground.)

Attachments

• aloe 2.jpg
    aloe 2.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 352
  • aoe1.jpg
    aoe1.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 361
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
How much water do you give it and how often? You should test the soil with your fingers before watering - let it dry out before you even think about giving it a drink, but then water it deeply. Allow the excess to drain into the dish, then empty the dish so it's not sat in water. Try and find a bright place for it where it gets lots of light - maybe avoid west-facing windows if it's getting burnt though.

Reaction score
How much water do you give it and how often? You should test the soil with your fingers before watering - let it dry out before you even think about giving it a drink, but then water it deeply.
I have been letting it dry before watering it but I've not been watering it so deep that it drains to the dish. I will do that from now on. Thank you!

Ask a Question