National Flower Of Your Country

Reaction score
Can you share to us what is the name of the "National Flower" of your country or the place where you are currently living? And why do you think your country had chosen it to be your national flower?

Here in Korea where I am currently living...

Mugunghwa also known as the Rose of Sharon is the national flower of Korea

koreaflower.jpg

The people of Korea had always love the fragrance and color of this Rose of Sharon that is why they had nominated this flower to be their national flower.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I had no idea that the rose was the United State's national flower. It's something that I've never thought about. After looking up my state's flower, it is the California Poppy. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Our national flower is called sampaguita. It has many legends and myths connected to history. The scent of sampaguita is like a perfume. It is one flower that is usually made into a lei and sold in the streets. The sampaguita lei is reserved for dignitaries or guests in formal gatherings. Even in graduation exercises in schools, the sale of sampaguita lei is very brisk. Here is the photo of sampaguita that I took just now (for this post) -
IMG_6918 sampaguita.JPG

Reaction score
I have never thought of the national flower, a quick search and we have the Rose. Declared the national flower of the United States of America 1986.

Rose-NationalflowerUSA.jpg

Now I already knew that "Rose" is the national flower of America. This is a nice flower too! Thanks for sharing!

Reaction score
Our national flower is called sampaguita. It has many legends and myths connected to history. The scent of sampaguita is like a perfume. It is one flower that is usually made into a lei and sold in the streets. The sampaguita lei is reserved for dignitaries or guests in formal gatherings. Even in graduation exercises in schools, the sale of sampaguita lei is very brisk. Here is the photo of sampaguita that I took just now (for this post) - View attachment 9860

This Sampaguita is a nice flower too even it is just small but the white color makes it lovely! Thanks also for sharing!

Reaction score
In hungary tulip is the national flower, it can also be found in numerous folk art ornaments.
tulipan2.jpg

Tulip is also one of my favorite flower and it is nice knowing that it is the national flower of Hungary. This is a nice flower too having different colors. Thanks also for sharing!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
Serbia
Floral symbol of Serbia is Plum. It is also a national tree and we make our national drink Rakija. Rakija made from plum is called Šljivovica. We are or we were, i am not sure because politicians are destroying my country, the second exporter of plum in the world after China, of course, but they don't count.
https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3559/3324958076_c6674361eb_z.jpg?zz=1

Reaction score
Country
United States
Our national flower is called sampaguita. It has many legends and myths connected to history. The scent of sampaguita is like a perfume. It is one flower that is usually made into a lei and sold in the streets. The sampaguita lei is reserved for dignitaries or guests in formal gatherings. Even in graduation exercises in schools, the sale of sampaguita lei is very brisk. Here is the photo of sampaguita that I took just now (for this post) - View attachment 9860

Awww :love: Gosh tho are some cute little things. :LOL:

Ask a Question