National Flower In Your Country

Reaction score
Can you share to us what is the name of the "National Flower" of your country? And what do you think your country had chosen it to be your national flower?

"Mugunghwa also known as the Rose of Sharon is the national flower of Korea.

Even before the country ever nominated this flower as a national heritage symbol, the people of Korea have always loved and enjoyed the fragrance and color of the Rose of Sharon.

koreaflower.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
The national flower in the Philippines is the Arabian Jasmine or what we call it here as "sampaguita". Derived from the word "sumpa kita" which means "I promise you". (NSYNC song suddenly played in my head :whistle: )

Because of its color where it symbolizes purity, humility and love, our national flower is used as a garland or necklace to special visitors, religious images and graduating students. Though some place it inside their cars because of its mild and sweet fragrance. It is an edible flower but they prominently used as an ornament.

sampaguita.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11b
Country
Brazil
Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
Jamaica's National Flower is called the Lignum Vitae.

lig.jpg

The name is Latin and means "Wood of Life." I think one of the reasons for adapting this particular tree is that it has numerous medicinal qualities as well as other uses.

Reaction score
Jamaica's National Flower is called the Lignum Vitae.

lig.jpg

The name is Latin and means "Wood of Life." I think one of the reasons for adapting this particular tree is that it has numerous medicinal qualities as well as other uses.

Your national flower is beautiful and I love its violet color. Its amazing that it had also some medicinal benefits and other uses too.

Reaction score
In 1986, president Ronald Reagan signed the rose as our national flower, but no specific rose! Thus the White House Rose Garden!

Rose are nice flowers too and I like the colors red and peach which we had at home.

Reaction score
The national flower in the Philippines is the Arabian Jasmine or what we call it here as "sampaguita". Derived from the word "sumpa kita" which means "I promise you". (NSYNC song suddenly played in my head :whistle: )

Because of its color where it symbolizes purity, humility and love, our national flower is used as a garland or necklace to special visitors, religious images and graduating students. Though some place it inside their cars because of its mild and sweet fragrance. It is an edible flower but they prominently used as an ornament.

sampaguita.jpg

What a lovely flower in its white color which really symbolizes purity. This is one of a kind that can be use as a beautiful ornament.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ipê-amarelo.

ZoSHuRR.png
0ZvSY0a.png
p7zrox2.png

I'm indifferent.

I remember people saying this name around here. CooL!

Your national flower is really different where its tree bloom many flowers It looks like our autumn trees here in our country which produce the same color of leaves during the fall season. Nice color and its very colorful too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
The national flower of Mexico is Dahlia pinnata, assigned in 1963. I have no idea why. In pre-Columbian times, the tubers were grown as a food crop by the Aztecs. Today, the flower petals are often used in salads. Dahlias grow wild in some of the country's mountainous areas.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
The National Flower of Hungary is the Tulip. In the early 15th century, the Tulips were brought from Hungary to Turkey.

Ask a Question