My lawn might have some weeds. how to fix it

Reaction score
Country
United States
My lawn has a different type of grass... could you please advise what it is? And how to fix it?

Thanks
IMG_2670.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The grass all looks pretty similar, you have a lot of clover and occasional dandelions, You can pull out dandelions with a tool that looks like a nail extractor, they have a deep tap root, but come out when the ground is wet; if you are lucky, otherwise dig it out and repair the hole. Clover makes runners and is susceptible to raking, it catches the runners and pulls them out. It is work, even with a mechanical rake, as you need to repeat often and frequently. Or you can go chemical and get lawn weed killers that will kill weeds but not grass, if you use them don't put the grass cuttings in your compost, the weedkiller takes a long time to break down.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
Looks just fine to me...

You can buy more clover seed at a local feed store (Wayne's Feed in Rockford IL was a good place for me). Keep the lawn mown and it will self-select grass and clover like ground covers.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If you know people who like the feel of a lawn on bare feet tell them to be careful of clover. It produces good nectar, I know of two instances of someone stepping on a bee with bare feet.

Ask a Question