My Fushia Tree

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a fushia tree that was doing well and I was watering every day during the hot summer periods in the uk.

I was also giving it some phostrogen plant feed to help it develop.

It seems.to have shed a lot of leaves and flowers in the heat and I have had to move it to the shade.

Is it a case of waiting for everything to drop, cut it back in the autumn and put it in my shed for the winter and see how it does in 2023.

I keep it in the shed during the winter and keep the soil damp during the cold months but keep it indoors.

thanks for your help

Mike
Birmingham
20220827_144829.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The poor thing did suffer didn't it. I don't know when you usually cut it back, but depending on the weather it might have a couple of months to make some recovery. If that's what you have done in the past and it worked I should go for it, but I would keep a few sticks and see if I couldn't root them in a pot with a bit of sharp sand in the compost, and some rooting hormone if you have it. You could make it small enough to go on a windowsill indoors over winter. They root well in my experience, and if one takes you have a back up.
If more than one takes and your original looks fine too you have some acceptable gifts. If everything goes wrong, at least you tried your best.

Ask a Question