Monkey puzzle tree turning brown?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
There is a roughly 3-foot tall monkey puzzle tree growing in my garden in a large pot. When I first moved here a couple weeks ago it was green and healthy; however, it is becoming brown around the branches and near the roots. I water the tree once in a while, and it receives quite a lot of sunlight, so my questions are what is causing the problem and how to solve it? Thanks.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Lack of water. They really do need a lot. Our 60 foot tall one in the garden is really suffering from the present drought. They do come from parts of S.America which get a lot of rain.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Lack of water. They really do need a lot. Our 60 foot tall one in the garden is really suffering from the present drought. They do come from parts of S.America which get a lot of rain.
Thanks for the advice. I’ve read somewhere that you should water them once or twice a week deeply but I guess I should even more due to the heat and dryness recently.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I have a crab apple at the bottom of my garden that's survived 14 years of neglect. This year it was looking decidedly sad and brown by June, and now it's lost nearly all it's leaves. I realize it might be Crab Apple Scab, but other than the loss of leaves it doesn't seem to fit. I think/hope it might just be the very dry weather we've had.

Ask a Question