Moved into first house - need help identifying weeds

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all

I have moved into my first house with a yard and there are a lot of things growing but I am not sure what are weeds and what are plants that were planted by the previous owner. There is a lot of stuff growing so I appreciate any help in figuring out what I should pull out

Thank you!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If it is growing in the walkway in the gravels, it has to be a weed.

The blue looks like strawberries. May be wild strawberries, may be real strawberries but they look awfully big to be wild strawberries and there are too many in one spot to be wild strawberries but I cant say for sure.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Three is cleaver, nasty weed that sticks to everything, with little round seeds that embed in animal fur, my friend's teenage daughter was delighted when they moved to Scotland and she discovered the local name is 'Sticky Willie', told everyone. :)
Four looks like they are docks, deep rooted, it might be easier to use weed killer on the gravel path than try and dig them up. They are bloody persistent things, you might need more than one application. A chap on an allotments had a big one he couldn't get rid of, finally dug it up and triumphantly nailed the root to the shed door. It hung there for a year until the nail rusted through, dropped to the path, got trodden in, and started re-growing.
Cleaver pulls easily, but get it low don next to the ground or you leave the root and it comes back.

Ask a Question