Most difficult part of caring for a lawn?

Reaction score
What are you always falling behind on in your yard - mowing, watering, weeding, seeding etc?

With our lawn, we really need to reseed it. There are parts (mainly right in front of the porch) that are bare due to the drought we had a couple years ago, I think. It did partly grow back last year because I hand seeded with grass seeds from my lawn, but I have a lot of stray/pet ducks that live in my yard and a few months ago they killed what had grown back. Now there's sprigs of new spring growth but it's still mostly bare. I think it'll take forever to grow back unless I buy a lot of seeds.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
To me, the most difficult part of caring for a lawn is mowing, I can say it without any hesitation. I hate doing it! First of all, our mower is very heavy, so I always have to ask my boyfriend for help. Also, my tiny dog is terrified of the noise:(
As for weeds, I like them, so I never pull them of:LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
My husband mows as needed and we dont water it (watering is for edibles and a few flowers I have mixed in).

Worst part is probably cleaning up the dogs side before the husband mows.

Reaction score
I always try to conserve water so I try to water early morning or after sunset. Sometimes I forget and the lawn gets a bit dry so that would have to be my biggest challenge.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Mowing is the hardest part of caring for our lawn, it on a rather steep slope in the front and is hard to mow. We do have a guy to mow but he gets behind at times and the lawn looks really bad until he gets to it. If there was no slope we could mow it ourselves or more often when he can not get to our lawn.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'd say taking those annoying weeds out of the lawn is the most annoying part. They seem impossible to get rid of, don't know why. I guess the seeds are so tiny that they escape when pulled and they reproduce again.

Reaction score
When I lived with my ex, there were 2 main challenges relating to the lawn. There were constantly new weeds cropping up and ,because of water restrictions due to drought, sometimes the grass would start to die unless we recycled gray water or cooking water to keep it watered.

Reaction score
Country
United States
The most difficult part I see with my lawn is keeping it a nice green color. I try to water it and feed it but I cannot keep it even. Why is it so difficult?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I'd have to say mowing. It's such a pain in the butt having to keep that sucker x height to make the city ordinance/housing association happy. I don't bother with weeding because dandelions help with beneficial pollinating bugs such as bees to get their food source. Plus dandelion greens can be used for salads.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I really like to mow the lawn as it can be relaxing. The part I hate is keeping the weeds from popping up, especially dandelions. They seem to take over the lawn if you don't keep them under control.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Where I live, the only problem you have with the lawn is keeping it cut. It rains so much that it seems the grass grows back immediately after you cut it. I like a lush green carpet that you can sink into a bit, but when it rains, it grows!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b
Country
United States
I think that the hardest part is nudging my husband to mow the front lawn which is not too much to do. I'd do it myself but we made an agreement I do the back and he takes care of the front.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
We also have a problem with our grass dying and turning a crusty brown during the summer. Since we have to pay for our water, it is a decision of either brown grass or a higher water bill.

Ask a Question