Difficult Veggies

Reaction score
Country
United States
What is the most difficult vegetable to grow? Whys is it so hard to perfect the growth of this vegetable?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I've never had much luck with carrots. No matter how hard I try, they always turn out small and not very tasty. I think I don't have the right kind of soil in my parents' garden. Fortunately, carrots aren't my favorite vegetables, I don't eat them often.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
What is the most difficult vegetable to grow? Whys is it so hard to perfect the growth of this vegetable?
I think it mostly depends upon your climate as to what is the most difficult and secondly what type of soil you have.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
What is it called when one does the same exact thing over and over and expects different results? I think all of us gardeners must suffer from this malady.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Chuck, that's called insanity. We don't suffer from insanity, just indomitable hope!
We grow asparagus, but for the hours of preparation, fertilizer, weeding, and tending it takes, I think asparagus is our most difficult vegetable.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I'm on the carrot bandwagon as well. Grew them as part of a biology segment in the middle school garden. Disappointment doesn't even begin to describe how I felt at the time (and every time I've tried since haha) but the snow peas flourished like mad so I guess that was an upside.

Ask a Question