More peppers

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Argentina
While walking through "Once" (BA suburb), I found a Bolivian girl who had a street side grocery stand set up among the many street vendors. I saw these and just had to have them. She said the peppers were grown in Bolivia and are very hot. They cost me AR$20 which = to about Us$1.25 for all four of them. I have seen similar pepper's seeds for sale in online seed catalogs. Anyone familiar with them?

image hosting over 5mb

image hosting without account

upload jpg

screen shot windows 7

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I haven't seen such a huge pepper like these, except for the red bell peppers of course. Are you going to harvest the seeds and try to plant them yourself?

Reaction score
Those look like habanero chillies, but I am not so sure, because a couple of them look way too round, but then again I am not a big habanero eater, never have been.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Argentina
I haven't seen such a huge pepper like these, except for the red bell peppers of course. Are you going to harvest the seeds and try to plant them yourself?

I am going to save the seeds, and I may grow them in the future if nothing better comes along. I currently have over 30 pepper plants and 14 tomato plants growing, so my hands are full. Just started those by the way, and if you want to see pictures of them, go to the vegetables forum , and look at the thread called "here is what I have coming".

Ask a Question