More Dorset Flowers

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry the quality isn't brilliant, low cloud this morning so the light level wasn't good.
DSCN1117.JPG

Seed heads of the Coltsfoot flower.
DSCN1118.JPG

Yellow Archangel.

DSCN1119.JPG

DSCN1122.JPG

Wild Garlic.

DSCN1125.JPG

Arum Lillies.
DSCN1130.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I am sure many of these wild flowers could be cultivated unless it is already done. That is a lot of photography - must have had to travel quite a bit..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Wow, those bluebells are gorgeous! I picked up a small pot of Texas bluebells the last time I was at the nursery where I get many of my herbs. I have transplanted them to an urn style planter with zinnia, bachelor button, purple coneflower, and salvia hotlips.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I am sure many of these wild flowers could be cultivated unless it is already done. That is a lot of photography - must have had to travel quite a bit..

Quite a few have been taken in as garden plants, walked about 2 hours :)

Wow, those bluebells are gorgeous! I picked up a small pot of Texas bluebells the last time I was at the nursery where I get many of my herbs. I have transplanted them to an urn style planter with zinnia, bachelor button, purple coneflower, and salvia hotlips.

Bet Texas Bluebells are bigger :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
United States
Love Bluebells! I grow them on the sides of the house, they are just starting to open up. How I enjoy the first spring flowers, we have snowdrops that always warm my heart...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
That combo sounds beautiful. Can you post a photo please?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Thanks for the photos Zigs. Lovely and also helped me. I'd planted something and couldn't remember what it was as it came upon thin lime green spears. Now I know it's arum lilies.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
That combo sounds beautiful. Can you post a photo please?

The plants are all quite small so only the bluebells are giving any kind of a showing at the moment. It's raining out now, but if you remind me later I'll try to get a photo of how it looks now.

Ask a Question