Money Tree - time to repot?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've got a Money Tree, had it for a good number of years now, wondering if it's time to repot. It's in an 8" pot. The tree is 48" tall and about 20" wide. See photo.

I think it's generally doing pretty well. Although as you can see, it's got some yellowing on the tips of its lower leaves.

I think I've improved my watering methods over the years -- I only water when the top 1/2" of soil feels dry (also check with a water meter). I do some mild fertilizing with a liquid made for money trees, according to the instructions on the bottle, only in the spring and summer. It's definitely growing. But I do suppose the brown leaf tips show it's not perfect.

What do you think, time for a new pot?

Thanks, Tim

Attachments

• IMG_2308.jpg
    IMG_2308.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 6
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Personally, I would repot it in a good tropical soil mix, and toss out the old potting mix into the compost pile, to maximize the soil nutrients available to its roots.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I’d just shift it up 4” or so without disturbing the roots. As far as the fertilizer goes, it’s important to remember that plants can’t read labels. Find something that gives you the most Nitrogen /dollar and ignore the verbiage.
Moisture meters are notoriously inaccurate, so be careful depending entirely on it for watering.
It may also do better with more light.

Ask a Question