Keeping Money Tree Healthy.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Our Money Tree is very healthy.
The soil is somewhat porous, with a peat-moss mixture in the top 2-3 inches. Usually water when the soil has completely dried out.

Any additional suggestions to keep it healthy in it's potted environment is greatly appreciated.

IMG_20230922_091639020_HDR~2.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
Looks great already! I love how thick your trunks are. Mine came with five baby trees they braided together. It was small and sense has grown some. Not in thickness really but in height. Problem with mine is all but two of those baby trees died. Yet, there is no way of undoing it. It's not causing any problems for me yet and the two left seem to be thriving, but I know one day it's going to be a problem for me. And the two trunks that are alive really haven't grown or gotten any thicker since I bought it a couple of years ago. How long have you had yours for? How many trunks does it have? I really like the look of yours. It seems like you take really good care of it. It's beautiful.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Looks great already! I love how thick your trunks are. Mine came with five baby trees they braided together. It was small and sense has grown some. Not in thickness really but in height. Problem with mine is all but two of those baby trees died. Yet, there is no way of undoing it. It's not causing any problems for me yet and the two left seem to be thriving, but I know one day it's going to be a problem for me. And the two trunks that are alive really haven't grown or gotten any thicker since I bought it a couple of years ago. How long have you had yours for? How many trunks does it have? I really like the look of yours. It seems like you take really good care of it. It's beautiful.
Thankyou. Have had it for around 6 months. Immediately after purchasing it, we repotted it with some good potting mix, and peat moss mixture. In a few weeks it started looking even better.

There are three distinct trunks. Are your remaining trunks "banded" below the soil surface? If so, be sure to remove the band/twine around them, it will girdle the trunks overtime if it is not done - killing the tree eventually.

Lastly, suggest watering only when the pot is bone dry.

Last edited:

Ask a Question