Money Plant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

Last year my mam bought me a money plant (Pachira) for my birthday in March. It was fine throughout the summer but I am really struggling to keep this plant thriving. In fact, I feel as though I am just killing it! I have moved it around to try and find the right place. I had it in the bathroom for a while for the humidity but the leaves were still dropping and turning yellow. I loved it from there as there wasn’t much natural sunlight in the room so moved it to the bedroom and bought a humidifier and it is still losing leaves and leaves are turning yellow. I have bought it special soil, I don’t over water it. I am at my wits end with it :( does anyone have any advice at all? Should I expect this leaf loss due to the plant being dormant in winter months? When I received it last year, it was so full of lovely green leaves and now it is looking very bare. Thanks I’m advance for any help.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

Let's review what a Money tree (Pachira glabra or P. aquatica) needs. Light should be bright, it can take sun, but bright indirect light will do. Keep it in a window, preferably not a north-facing window. It will benefit from frequent irrigation, but don't let it sit in stagnant water.
Double-check the soil and container for drainage issues. In Spring, begin to give it amonthly dose of a complete, liquid fertilizer.

Ask a Question