May 26, Redhead day.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
A 2004 study showed that redheads require, on average, about 20 percent more general anesthesia than people with dark hair or blond coloring. And in 2005, researchers found that redheads are more resistant to the effects of local anesthesia, such as the numbing drugs used by dentists.

The dentist started to pull my tooth but the anesthetic hadn't worked. He gave me another injection and made me wait 10 minutes but it still hadn't worked.

I'd had enough by then so let him get on with it and get it over :eek:

Pulled the next tooth myself :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Had that happen also, but told her to double dose me in the beginning with the anesthesia . Friend of mine has a redhead daughter, she broke her arm, had to have surgery, she woke up 1/2 way through. I told my friend, did you not remind the doctor your daughter is a redhead. sometime I think the only tatoo I will ever get is one that says "I am a real red head" just to cover all basis. knowing my husband, he won't say a thing about it, if the time ever comes and I can't speak for myself.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Had that happen also, but told her to double dose me in the beginning with the anesthesia . Friend of mine has a redhead daughter, she broke her arm, had to have surgery, she woke up 1/2 way through. I told my friend, did you not remind the doctor your daughter is a redhead. sometime I think the only tatoo I will ever get is one that says "I am a real red head" just to cover all basis. knowing my husband, he won't say a thing about it, if the time ever comes and I can't speak for myself.
Good idea!

Ask a Question