Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
25 May 2019 Rain
Posted on May 25, 2019 by Durgan
http://durgan.org/2019/May 2019/25 May 2019 Rain/HTML/ 25 May 2019 Rain
This rain in less than two hours. The area is almost saturated. Fortunately I have excellent drainage and the surface water will drain off in about 8 hours.
dsc_0473_std.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
There is only so much rain and we are getting a large share. The coldest, wet, Spring in my experience in this area. It is now bright Sun, the thunderstorm has passed.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Durgan, even here in Texas we have had torrential rains. We have had standing water, huge puddles, outside chicken coop turning into a swimming pool, and having to put a raised platform in one of the inside coops to keep the hens out of the mud. Weeds are taking over, since it is too mucky to get into the vegetable gardens to pull weeds. We will recover, but, like you, this has been one of the wettest and coolest springs we've experienced in 22 years in Texas.
If this continues, I may consider planting rice!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
Raining for the past hour,thunder storm, much more rain than this morning. I estimate that there is double the fall of the morning. It was sunny and bright about 3PM, now dull and ominous at 6 PM. Thunder is banging away.

Ask a Question