Not open for further replies.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Boy, I'm so tired. Went to the allotment at nearly 3pm and got on the bus home at 7.10! This morning, I discovered that all my rhubarbs were GONE, including the crates - 2 of them. I will never give any plants away again. There were loads of them. Very annoying that these people took my crates with them.

When I arrived home, a car pulled up and the man was asking for rhubarb! Ooops! He said that he didn't live near, but was dropping his wife to the hospital in our town. I had to go to the back of the house and rescue a near-dead clump for him to take home.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Aren't we lucky? Not so hot and there is even a gentle lovely breeze outside. Woken up by unsettled tummy!

RIBA National Awards for architecture and my favorite is

Snaps from yesterday!

Lilium Regale
SAM_0248.JPG
SAM_0249.JPG
SAM_0250.JPG
SAM_0251.JPG
SAM_0252.JPG

Noisy Kusco and my little hen has grown and has acquired a brown tint to its feather! Rather lovely!
SAM_0253.JPG
SAM_0254.JPG
SAM_0255.JPG

My mystery flowers have gone to seed! Another airborne little helicopter-maker!
SAM_0256.JPG
SAM_0257.JPG

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Today has been a lazy day, making up for the two busy and sweaty days before. Whilst watching Judge Judy, the phone rang. It was the estate agent again, asking me if I would sell the house to the couple who had withdrawn. Blast! I wish I hadn't spent money on the turf! LOL! Joking! And the house I wanted is gone!

I am struggling between a house with land in far flung places or a semi with a big garden in Benfleet or Wickford! Mama mia! What a to do! I don't know where I am coming or going!

This much I know - Richard's garden is beautiful
SAM_0263.JPG

And his grapes are promising
SAM_0264.JPG

My alstroemeria are having mixed babies Yellow + pink becomes
SAM_0265.JPG

Well, a bit wishy washy and blurry.

SAM_0266.JPG
SAM_0269.JPG

Lilies are flourishing like a clump of bananas
SAM_0270.JPG
SAM_0271.JPG

My Franz Kafka is teasing me - the only thing I am certain of

SAM_0273.JPG
SAM_0274.JPG

And I can't wait to see my thalictrum to flower! This sort of colour is so unique .. I want to cry whenever the man says, "When I woke up, everything went black!"

Going to peel my potatoes soon. It's been such a lovely day - perfectly cool and breezy and the air fresher than last night. Perhaps, I should sell up!

Attachments

• SAM_0267.JPG
    SAM_0267.JPG
    154 KB · Views: 96
  • SAM_0268.JPG
    SAM_0268.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 95

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Stunning! Especially with the extra pixels and clarity of the MacBook Pro! A variety of lovely flowers. I think that cluster of pinks above the centaurea and the first lily most. Amazing details and such a lot of blooms!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, guys! Fantastic photos - dazzling, perfumées, prolific flowers ... I could almost smell the fragrance.

The clematis is prolific and so showy, Perki! I so want an Ceanothus, but I bought 3 and killed 3, at reduced to £2! I think I have left them in pots for too long and the root ball became all matted. When I saw Zenj's, I so wanted to cry! They are so early and show dense with such a unique colour! The idea of moving has killed so many of my plants.

Such a lovely way to start a day and it's very dry and breezy! Soooooo lovely! Have a good day, everyone! :joyful:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Went out early to do the slabs next to the newly laid turf and came in, suddenly realising that I might have missed my plant delivery as it should really be delivered today. Worried that the box won't go through the letter box and might get a note asking me to go to the post office.

Saw this inside the porch

SAM_0275.JPG

Can't believe a plant could be delivered from Spain to the UK in this format.

Surprising it was still very moist and I have got a freebie - a live worm! Still ALIVE AND WRIGGLING with my Jacaranda
SAM_0278.JPG

Extra worms for my chickens
SAM_0279.JPG
SAM_0280.JPG

Have to leave this person with a good feedback - not nice packaging, but hey, cheap and does the job! Hilarious!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Supposed to be very hot!

14 to 32c! It's OK outside, very sunny! They got it right this time.

1561786482251.png

Lilium Regale with lovely perfume!
SAM_0281.JPG
SAM_0282.JPG
SAM_0283.JPG

Clematis Jackmanii - incredible colour!
SAM_0284.JPG
SAM_0285.JPG
SAM_0286.JPG

Knautia - bought for 99p and obviously incredibly happy where they are - a big clump has formed and there are tons of flowers!

Think I might need a tripot as I seemed to be shaking like Angela Merkel! LOL! Hope she's OK!
SAM_0287.JPG
SAM_0288.JPG
SAM_0289.JPG
SAM_0290.JPG
SAM_0291.JPG

Thalictrum waiting in the wing!

SAM_0292.JPG

Have a nice day and make sure you don't stay in the sun for too long!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Very pretty perfumed lilies! Wonder what camera you have, DrCase?

Such unblemished flowers, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question