Low down area ideas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've moved into a new house which has a lovely garden, however there is an area at the back left of the garden that dips of massively, I don't know why it does this, perhaps because it's next to a protected tree but I don't know.

Not sure what to do with this area, maybe a shed? I would like some better privacy as there is a public park over the fence and with the fence being lower down I can see right into the park. Any ideas welcome, I've attached some pics.

IMG-6266.JPG
IMG-6002.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b/6a
Country
United States
I'd try to make sure something grew on the other side of the fence in that park, a tall shrub or a small tree maybe. More of whatever is coming over the fence on the left might not be bad.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd try to make sure something grew on the other side of the fence in that park, a tall shrub or a small tree maybe. More of whatever is coming over the fence on the left might not be bad.
Yeah that's holly on the left. With it being a public park I can't plant whatever I want on the other side. Plus I still would like to do something with this space.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b/6a
Country
United States
Yeah that's holly on the left. With it being a public park I can't plant whatever I want on the other side. Plus I still would like to do something with this space.
I was suggesting you planted it on your own accord, what's the worst that happens? It gets dug up? That solves your privacy issue at least. I'd probably just make a shade garden in a space like that: hostas, ferns, heuchera, etc...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yes it's a good idea to plant a few holly's on a Sunday night about a yard from the fence. That allows them to grow quietly and makes your property a bit safer. As for growing in the shade and with a dry soil due to the trees it could be a bit difficult. But a nice garden / potting shed would fit nicely.

Ask a Question