Emerald Cedars from Lowes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello my fellow green thumbs. My passion for landscaping/ gardening led me to change my career at the age of 40. I was a project manager for a construction company for over ten years but have always loved landscaping. A position opened up within the company in their landscaping division and I jumped on it. I’m now the supervisor for the landscaping division.

I have a question because I’m stumped. I purchased 7 cedars from Lowe’s. I know all about these cedars. The quality isn’t the best but I planted 18, 4-6 foot emerald cedars previously from Lowe’s 5 years ago and all survived and they are looking great.

The cedars from BC this year seem to be very big and healthy. They are pushing 7-8 feet tall this year. After bringing home the 7 cedars, I noticed that 6 of them are bending near the top of the tree. I’m concerned about this and don’t know if they will straighten out after planted and receive water and sunlight. I’m thinking of returning them but would like your opinion. Please help.

Attachments

• 524F2AB0-2CA7-40CC-869D-D059F94061E1.jpeg
    524F2AB0-2CA7-40CC-869D-D059F94061E1.jpeg
    203.5 KB · Views: 8

Ask a Question