Yellow leaf on tomato plant

Reaction score
Country
United States
2/3 of my tomato plants have a bottom leaf turning yellow, I read info online and it says it can be anything from underwatering, overwatering, fungi, lack of oxygen so confusing. I just transferred them to a bigger pot a couple days ago added 2/3 potting soil with 1/3 coco coir, I added 2-5-3 fertilizer (jobes organics vegtable and tomato) and mulched the top with coco coir (the leaf was yellow before) will it bounce back or can I cut off the leaf?

Attachments

• 20220507_075556.jpg
    20220507_075556.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 10
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
2/3 of my tomato plants have a bottom leaf turning yellow, I read info online and it says it can be anything from underwatering, overwatering, fungi, lack of oxygen so confusing. I just transferred them to a bigger pot a couple days ago added 2/3 potting soil with 1/3 coco coir, I added 2-5-3 fertilizer (jobes organics vegtable and tomato) and mulched the top with coco coir (the leaf was yellow before) will it bounce back or can I cut off the leaf?
Remove the entire limb the leaves are on. What caused the yellowing was a prior nutritional issue. It will not hurt the plant now after you have fertilized.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Probably magnesium deficiency. Give them a spoonful or so of Epsom Salts around the base and water in. (Plain Epsom Salts - not one with additives for foot soaking, etc.) Many plants can suffer from this, especially if fertilized very much. High nitrogen fertilizers tend to inhibit their abiity to absorb magnesium, with is essential for green leaves (and photosynthesis). All the cucumber and squash types, plus roses are common sufferers.

Ask a Question