Lemon tree suggestions

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
So although I now read it's not the most ideal way to go about planting a lemon tree, I took some seeds from a Meyer lemon we had bought from the grocery store. I planted the seeds about two years ago and I have a couple of decent sized plants now. One I have kept in a planter and the other two I have planted on the outskirts of my garden. I would say the largest plant is about 8 inches tall, maybe close to a foot.

The plant is pretty bushy and doesnt really resemble a tree as much as a bush. Does anyone know how I should prune it is in fact I should or should I just let it do its thing until it gets older and bigger?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
So although I now read it's not the most ideal way to go about planting a lemon tree, I took some seeds from a Meyer lemon we had bought from the grocery store. I planted the seeds about two years ago and I have a couple of decent sized plants now. One I have kept in a planter and the other two I have planted on the outskirts of my garden. I would say the largest plant is about 8 inches tall, maybe close to a foot.

The plant is pretty bushy and doesnt really resemble a tree as much as a bush. Does anyone know how I should prune it is in fact I should or should I just let it do its thing until it gets older and bigger?
Don't do anything to it except to keep pests like grasshoppers and caterpillars away from it. In about 7 more years you can expect some great lemons. They are bushes, not trees

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Thanks so much for your advice Chuck! You always seem to have the right answer for me! Lol. I will do like you said and just let it do its thing!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
We planted the seeds of our lemon tree some weeks back and now we have seedlings that look good. We always plant seedlings in soft plastic bags so we can give it away when someone wants. But only seedling came up and we're still awaiting for the other one. If in case the other one will not spring up, we would plant another seed in its place. And if no one wants that lemon seedling then we will just plant it somewhere in our yard.

Ask a Question