LED light for my plants

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello! I'm new to this forum but I think I have some to add and help with! As far as the spectrums the plants use it's going to be more blue for the vegatative growth (4000k-6000k) and for flowering it needs more red (2500k-3000k). So you can get a great middle ground with 3500k lights. I just finished an indoor build of 3 600watt led light bars for a total of 1800watts from the wall. (This is different then the Amazon led grow lights that advertise 600 watts when they only pull 284 or so watts from the wall) This is for an indoor organic vegetable and herb operation. I was able to do this by making a light bar using 4 citizen Clu 058 cobs with a max of 364 watts but only running them at 150 watts for better efficiency. I wanted a balanced spectrum so I made each light bar have 2 4000k cobs and 2 3000k cobs. These are obviously for a large scale indoor garden, but they can be scaled down to any need. There are many led drivers and different cobs offered. If you have any questions about this Diy then just ask, or if you want me to make you anything we could talk! Here are some pictures of what I have running. if you want to just read into it just look into Cob lights and Cob Grow lights, they are the future of led indoor growing!!

Attachments

• IMG_1080.JPG
    IMG_1080.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_1088.JPG
    IMG_1088.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_1090.JPG
    IMG_1090.JPG
    295.4 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_1078.JPG
    IMG_1078.JPG
    185.7 KB · Views: 349

Prophet

Intelligently Inquisitive
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Hello! I'm new to this forum but I think I have some to add and help with! As far as the spectrums the plants use it's going to be more blue for the vegatative growth (4000k-6000k) and for flowering it needs more red (2500k-3000k). So you can get a great middle ground with 3500k lights. I just finished an indoor build of 3 600watt led light bars for a total of 1800watts from the wall. (This is different then the Amazon led grow lights that advertise 600 watts when they only pull 284 or so watts from the wall) This is for an indoor organic vegetable and herb operation. I was able to do this by making a light bar using 4 citizen Clu 058 cobs with a max of 364 watts but only running them at 150 watts for better efficiency. I wanted a balanced spectrum so I made each light bar have 2 4000k cobs and 2 3000k cobs. These are obviously for a large scale indoor garden, but they can be scaled down to any need. There are many led drivers and different cobs offered. If you have any questions about this Diy then just ask, or if you want me to make you anything we could talk! Here are some pictures of what I have running. if you want to just read into it just look into Cob lights and Cob Grow lights, they are the future of led indoor growing!!
Now that is a nice setup. How much do you plan on growing under these? It looks like you have pepper plants maybe, and tomatoes.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Now that is a nice setup. How much do you plan on growing under these? It looks like you have pepper plants maybe, and tomatoes.
Right now working on getting more pots and filling up the whole 14x16 space. In that picture you see a Basel plant and an older tomatoe and others are getting started (more tomatoes, Basel, thyme, arugula, kale, lettuce, spinach, rainbow chard). Also cover crops to help make the nutrients more available to those plants. All are in 15 gallon cloth pots and will hopefully pull 2-500 dollars a week once full swing

Prophet

Intelligently Inquisitive
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Right now working on getting more pots and filling up the whole 14x16 space. In that picture you see a Basel plant and an older tomatoe and others are getting started (more tomatoes, Basel, thyme, arugula, kale, lettuce, spinach, rainbow chard). Also cover crops to help make the nutrients more available to those plants. All are in 15 gallon cloth pots and will hopefully pull 2-500 dollars a week once full swing
Very nice indeed..post up more pictures when you get everything up and growing good..

Reaction score
Country
United States
Had to finish wiring and grounding the lights. More plants started, and I'll keep everyone updated on how it's going!

Attachments

• IMG_1109.JPG
    IMG_1109.JPG
    156.7 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_1112.JPG
    IMG_1112.JPG
    278 KB · Views: 299
Reaction score
Just bought an LED grow light for my indoor plants.
The light contains a combination of Red and Blue LEDs.
The combination gives an output light as pink color.

My problem is that this light isn't very bright.
The seller told me that is each light is of 10 watts.
Is this normal that the grow light with a combination
of Red and Blue LEDs isn't that bright as compared
to a normal LED light.
It's perfectly normal. A combination of red and blue will provide a dimmer light even though the output is technically the same. Are the LEDs you have filtered with blue and red or are they actually blue and red LEDs?

Reaction score
Country
India
@hatch
Sorry.....to have missed this post of yours.
The LEDs are a combination of red and blue as designed by the manufacturer.

Ask a Question