Leaves, vines, stems, and peels

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
You've answered my next question already, I was going to ask if youd sorted out internet :D

Gratulacje :):):)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you:D Yes, we have internet. We're both addicted to computers, so it was very important for us:)
But we don't have many other necessary things and everything is a mess. It feels bohemian:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
You'll get it all sorted out @claudine! Just take it one room at a time and don't try to do it all in a day. You'll want your bedroom and kitchen organized first because you'll need easy access to clothing and meals in order to function to get everything else done.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I hope so! Sometimes I worry that from now on, I'll always live in chaos. My bedroom, kitchen and bathroom are clean and organized, but my corridor and livingroom look like battlefields. It annoys me more than anything, I can't stand the mess. Also, I need flowers. Not seeing any makes me depressed:unsure:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
It takes time :)

Here's a virtual flower for now :)

And a real one

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It's a beautiful sunflower, thank you Zigs!:) Just looking at it makes me feel better. Today, I spent half day doing laundry and washing dishes. I'm such a housewife now, lol:p

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
:D Sun came out earlier so i've been spring cleaning.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
@claudine, you didn't bring your miniature roses with you? I thought you kept them indoors? It would seem you'd have some in bloom since they don't winter outside. You should get a couple tulip bulbs.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Currently, my roses are dormant, so I left them in my parents' attic. I'll bring them here in spring, when they start growing again. I miss them so very much!!
Tulip bulbs sound like a lovely idea. Is there any chance they'll bloom indoors?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Currently, my roses are dormant, so I left them in my parents' attic. I'll bring them here in spring, when they start growing again. I miss them so very much!!
Tulip bulbs sound like a lovely idea. Is there any chance they'll bloom indoors?

Many people grow them indoors in a vase.

5270678.jpg

I couldn't get mine past the sprouting stage. I think indoors a container like this might be better:

tulips.jpg

They may also have needed some kind of plant food in the water, but I think they just dried out. Next time I will probably just grow them outdoors.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Will they bloom in winter? Or should I wait until spring? My apartment is very warm, but kind of shady.
Both those pictures look really lovely. Now, I dream about having a glass vase full of tulips:love: Thank you for the inspiration.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Will they bloom in winter? Or should I wait until spring? My apartment is very warm, but kind of shady.
Both those pictures look really lovely. Now, I dream about having a glass vase full of tulips:love: Thank you for the inspiration.

You're welcome! The ones in the picture have bloomed in water so I would say yes. I've not done it successfully, so I have no tips. I managed to get the bulbs to sprout again, but the plants didn't grow and the bulbs all dried up. I know a bit more about them now, but it's still a matter of giving them the right conditions.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
You're welcome! The ones in the picture have bloomed in water so I would say yes. I've not done it successfully, so I have no tips. I managed to get the bulbs to sprout again, but the plants didn't grow and the bulbs all dried up. I know a bit more about them now, but it's still a matter of giving them the right conditions.
I'll give it a try:) As soon as I clean up my livingroom, I'll start looking for plants. I think I'll buy two orchids and a few tulip bulbs. They'll look beautiful here!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
That would be beautiful, @claudine. I'm in the process of clearing out and rearranging everything. Once I'm done I hope to have created a lot more space and I look forward to creating some spaces for indoor plants.

Back to the original topic - when you dip the orange peels in chocolate, do you boil them first? Do you use and special type of chocolate?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
That would be beautiful, @claudine. I'm in the process of clearing out and rearranging everything. Once I'm done I hope to have created a lot more space and I look forward to creating some spaces for indoor plants.

Back to the original topic - when you dip the orange peels in chocolate, do you boil them first? Do you use and special type of chocolate?
The more space for plants, the better!:D
As for orange peels, no, I don't boil them. Should I do it? I thought that washing them is enough. I use Polish gluten-free dark chocolate. I'm gluten-intolerant, so I don't have much choice.

Ask a Question