Leaves, vines, stems, and peels

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
ChanellG - my biggest problem is that I don't have basic things, like paper towels, spoons and others. My parents are willing to help me, but I don't even know what I need. It's my very first apartment. Today, I bought two garbage bins, but I forgot about garbage bags:p
Zigs - Both my boyfriend and I are obsessed germaphobes, so we dream about a new dishwasher. Fortunately, we can afford the cheapest one in a store in our area:D

Reaction score
I do wash my oranges, and sometimes they come from organic sources, but I don't really think about it that much. There are some things you just can not get around so you just have to do what you can to detox. Our lives are so full of chemicals that it is probably too late, but some herbs and other foods help the body rid itself of toxins.
This is why I drink an ounce of homemade apple cider vinegar in a glass of water every morning. It detoxifies the liver, and the rest of your body. Not to mention it makes your skin really clear and healthy looking.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
This is why I drink an ounce of homemade apple cider vinegar in a glass of water every morning. It detoxifies the liver, and the rest of your body. Not to mention it makes your skin really clear and healthy looking.

I bought unfiltered cider vinegar over a month ago, and have yet to open it. I need to get back into that habit as I am constantly having issues with the bad gut bacteria/yeast.

ChanellG - my biggest problem is that I don't have basic things, like paper towels, spoons and others. My parents are willing to help me, but I don't even know what I need. It's my very first apartment. Today, I bought two garbage bins, but I forgot about garbage bags:p
Zigs - Both my boyfriend and I are obsessed germaphobes, so we dream about a new dishwasher. Fortunately, we can afford the cheapest one in a store in our area:D

Claudine, it's a bit overwhelming thinking of it all at once. Just make a list and think of it room by room - in the bathroom you'll need at least two of each towel plus tissues, in the kitchen you'll need one decent pot for boiling water/soup and decent pan for sautee... dish towels...

When it comes to linens it's good to have 1 extra of everything so you can use clean stuff while everything else is in the wash. I also recommend curtains that can go in the wash...

All you really need are the bare basics and you can add more things as you go. Also, if you have a housewarming, your friends will bring you things as well.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Claudine, it's a bit overwhelming thinking of it all at once. Just make a list and think of it room by room - in the bathroom you'll need at least two of each towel plus tissues, in the kitchen you'll need one decent pot for boiling water/soup and decent pan for sautee... dish towels...

When it comes to linens it's good to have 1 extra of everything so you can use clean stuff while everything else is in the wash. I also recommend curtains that can go in the wash...

All you really need are the bare basics and you can add more things as you go. Also, if you have a housewarming, your friends will bring you things as well.
Thank you for these tips!:) Moving is extremely overwhelming. Today, I took a break and I spent the whole day walking, looking at my roses and not thinking about anything. Tomorrow, I'll start gathering things we need and I'll move.
I got an electric kettle, plates, two mugs, some towels and many bags of pasta:D

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Things to do :

Find out where to turn the water, gas and electric off.

Fit smoke/ carbon monoxide alarms.

Check fire extinguishers.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you, Zigs!:) I haven't figure out how to turn the water, gas and electric off yet, but I know that I need smoke/ carbon monoxide alarms. My stove is at least 50 years old! Unfortunately, tomorrow all stores will be closed, so it will have to wait. I hope we won't explode:eek:
As for fire extinguishers, there is one in the corridor.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Water might be under a metal flap in the ground just outside, electric might be under the stairs or in the hallway. Check the service date on the fire extinguisher :)

50, blimey :eek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'll look for them:)
As for the oven, it looks really, really old. I've never seen a stove like this. It has a gas oven. I'm not sure if I'll be able to cook on it. In the worst case scenario, we will buy an induction cooker with one burner. This way, we will save money on gas:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I'll look for them:)
As for the oven, it looks really, really old. I've never seen a stove like this. It has a gas oven. I'm not sure if I'll be able to cook on it. In the worst case scenario, we will buy an induction cooker with one burner. This way, we will save money on gas:)

Let me know how the induction cooker works out. I like gas, but I don't currently have my own kitchen.

Do you have the equivalent of a dollar store in Poland? You can save money on a lot of things from kitchen utensils to plastic zip bags by shopping there.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Let me know how the induction cooker works out. I like gas, but I don't currently have my own kitchen.

Do you have the equivalent of a dollar store in Poland? You can save money on a lot of things from kitchen utensils to plastic zip bags by shopping there.
I once used an induction cooker when I was on a trip and it worked great:) You have to have special pots though, but as far as I know, they aren't very expensive.
What exactly is a dollar store? We have stores where everything costs 5 złoty, but you can't buy anything interesting there. They mostly sell stuffed toys and pens:(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I once used an induction cooker when I was on a trip and it worked great:) You have to have special pots though, but as far as I know, they aren't very expensive., What exactly is a dollar store? We have stores where everything costs 5 złoty, but you can't buy anything interesting there. They mostly sell stuffed toys and pens:(

$1 is our lowest denomination of paper money before you get to coins. I don't know how it compares to zloty, I think it's equal to 1.something Euro? Not sure the current exchange. At the dollar store everything in the entire store costs $1. Snacks, paper goods, photo frames, office supplies, water, sunglasses, candles, vases, lotion, hair stuff... I guess it's a bit like a discount drugstore (no pharmacy though).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
$1 is our lowest denomination of paper money before you get to coins. I don't know how it compares to zloty, I think it's equal to 1.something Euro? Not sure the current exchange. At the dollar store everything in the entire store costs $1. Snacks, paper goods, photo frames, office supplies, water, sunglasses, candles, vases, lotion, hair stuff... I guess it's a bit like a discount drugstore (no pharmacy though).
Today, 5 złoty is $1,39:) It's a coin. The lowest denomination of Polish paper money is 10 złoty.
We have something similar to dollar stores, but they don't sell anything interesting there.
My parents gave me a few things, like pots and mugs, so it's not bad:) But, to be honest, I'm still in a panic mode.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Today, 5 złoty is $1,39:) It's a coin. The lowest denomination of Polish paper money is 10 złoty.
We have something similar to dollar stores, but they don't sell anything interesting there.
My parents gave me a few things, like pots and mugs, so it's not bad:) But, to be honest, I'm still in a panic mode.

Get yourself a cup of tea and trust that everything will be fine. Don't forget, you can always have a housewarming party and let friends and family bring you things they know you will need.

You don't have to have everything at once, getting things together that you find you need as you go is part of the adventure. The two of your will have enough to worry about just learning how to live with each other full time.

Your zloty is similar to our quarter dollar.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Get yourself a cup of tea and trust that everything will be fine. Don't forget, you can always have a housewarming party and let friends and family bring you things they know you will need.

You don't have to have everything at once, getting things together that you find you need as you go is part of the adventure. The two of your will have enough to worry about just learning how to live with each other full time.

Your zloty is similar to our quarter dollar.
Right now, I'm sitting in my new living room. There are boxes, pieces of fabric and bags everywhere around me.
I do need to have a housewarming party. Maybe some of my friends will bring me plants:)
Rooms look empty without plants, don't they?

Ask a Question