Lavender

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Evening Everyone,

I have joined this group as I have a challenge growing Lavender indoors.

I grew the lavender from seed and then planted into a large pot, this would have been in Springtime, here in the British Isles.

I placed the pot on the table, and the table was by a south-facing window, the lavender grew to about 12 inches then stopped. I placed a stick into the soil because I wanted to support the Lavenders growth by encouraging it to grow around the stick.

To support it further I used string to tie it around the stick and have found the middle section has wilted, so I have taken away the string,

What can I do next is my question to you all, and to help you, help me. I have attached a photographic of the plant.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Stay safe, stay well.

Bluecat34

Attachments

• Lavender (6).JPG
    Lavender (6).JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 55
  • Lavender (1).JPG
    Lavender (1).JPG
    163.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Lavender (2).JPG
    Lavender (2).JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 50
  • Lavender (3).JPG
    Lavender (3).JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 74
  • Lavender (4).JPG
    Lavender (4).JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 57
  • Lavender (5).JPG
    Lavender (5).JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 52
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @Bluecat and welcome to the forum :)
I really hate to tell you this, but lavender will never be happy trying to survive in a pot indoors I`m afraid. A south facing window, especially when the sun is blazing through is the last place to position almost any plant at all. Although they all need light, it is better to find indirect light.
Have you not got any kind of outside garden? If not, then perhaps we could sort out something between us that would be possible to grow indoors.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @Bluecat and welcome to the forum :)
I really hate to tell you this, but lavender will never be happy trying to survive in a pot indoors I`m afraid. A south facing window, especially when the sun is blazing through is the last place to position almost any plant at all. Although they all need light, it is better to find indirect light.
Have you not got any kind of outside garden? If not, then perhaps we could sort out something between us that would be possible to grow indoors.

Good afternoon "Tetters"

Thank you for your prompt reply!

The plant is now in the water; I am looking forward to seeing shoots.

Ask a Question