Land and Water Animals

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I get it. When I was a kid, the zoo was a magical place. I loved it. I dreamed of working at a place like that. I always thought "when I grow up and have money, I'll visit every weekend". Instead, as I grew up, I started visiting less. I just can't do it anymore. I'm not saying I'd never go again, but it's not likely. I don't enjoy it anymore...

Dude, I feel the exact same way. I was once to a zoo in a foreign country and it was the saddest thing ever. The cages were dirty, the animals underfed, but the saddest thing was the tiger. He was the only tiger in the zoo and he was missing one foot. I kid you not. He gave out strange noises as if calling to somebody, maybe he was in pain, maybe losing his mind. The people who worked there didn't care and looked tired and depressed. It was heartbreaking. As far as I know that tiger is no longer in that zoo, but I don't know what happened to him.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Dude, I feel the exact same way. I was once to a zoo in a foreign country and it was the saddest thing ever.

Some countries seem to have no standards when it comes to zoos. Even the best zoos in the world are typically not an appropriate environment, but some zoos provide nothing more than a tiny concrete slab.

I think it's hard for a lot of people to fully process that humans are just one of 8 million living species on our planet. We have a bad habit of treating other species like they are less than us. We're no better than other animals, we just got lucky enough to be apart of the specie whose intelligence skyrocketed over the last 200,000 years. We should be using that intelligence to help other species. We're the only specie capable of saving and protecting the planet. Coincidentally, we're also the only specie that can destroy it.
In a sci-fi sense, we're a super hero who just got his super powers and he has to decide if he's going to use them for good or evil.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me the name of this bird please.

thumbnail.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
We have a few moose around the place. And when hunting season starts I practice my moose calls from the yard. This mid 40s wide rack is not big enough need 50" and over. I happen to have a phone in my pocket n took some pictures.
6E0AFA0B-9E66-450C-8A91-AE35C042308D.jpeg
1106CB15-9A41-4B8B-AB21-8EC38BAFA434.jpeg
38124E2F-5EF6-4BA8-91CB-03AF955B831B.jpeg
99AA6B0F-D1E2-4493-AB7B-52DC773F6E62.jpeg
3F65CA72-E83F-4B04-8845-1CFBCBEDEA9A.jpeg
387D1C19-3DD3-49BE-A034-E35FAAB9F887.jpeg

Ask a Question