Labeling plants

Reaction score
I have been using the tags that come with the plants I purchase but I am going to be investing the time to make my own.
Are you using metal, plastic, or just your memory to help remember what you have planted?

Reaction score
Although I don't use tags or labels on my plants - I do use quite a large quantity of them each year for marking areas that I have put seeds - which as my other half really loves of his job of supplying me with an abundant supply of ice lolly sticks - that is what I use - marked with indelible ink :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have been using the tags that come with the plants I purchase but I am going to be investing the time to make my own.
Are you using metal, plastic, or just your memory to help remember what you have planted?
I plant so many different types of tomatoes that I have to have them labeled. I use the plastic ones but the most important thing isn't the type, plastic, metal or whatever, but the ink you label them with. I use an indelible ink and then put scotch tape over it so it doesn't disappear when and if it rains

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I don't use any tags or labels on my plants. I don't need them. My garden is really small (it's a part of my parents' garden), so it's easy for me to remember where I planted what.
I think I'll start using labels when I move to my own place.

Reaction score
I don't use tags or labels for my plants, but I see how they can be useful when you are handling a considerable volume of plants. The process of creating tags or labels sounds like a fun one, would definitely give me something to do when there is nothing better to do :p It sounds like a fun project if you have kids to share it with and you not a perfectionist ;) (not like the kids will do a bad job or anything).

Ask a Question