Just Trying To Make It Easier

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm laid up and everyone else is doing.

My Son I know watered yesterday and he was watering again this morning.

I went to him and told him I only water heavy once a week. He told me since it hasn't rain forever and it is 100+F everything needs watering every day.

I'm not doing it so carry on.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
United States
I feel your pain. I'm recovering from 2 strokes and i cant weed. I find it theraputic and i can't wait to get back out there.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I offered to help my wife with the Chickens? I was told to sit down.

But then again this is what put me down.

With the watering I might spend 5 minutes waatering one plant it so it will soak in. It takes me hours to water but I make sure it gets it.

My Son just sprays with water few hours later it is dry.

big rockpile

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
Once again I'm thinking hurting but can do this.

Then have Hot Flash from the shots and I better sit down.

Son has let my Chickens out and watering. I don't know why I haven't done this before. Got a Wand to water with it would be great to water some with.

Son is saying I need Power Shakes.

Told my wife he don't water like me. People don't have the time like you have and no they don't do as you.

That was the same on the Farm I would take hours to feed and look over my animals. Someone else does it half hour most.

It still drives me nuts.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
United States
No one is going to care for your garden the way do. Your used to doing it your way and thats just how it is. I hope you heal quickly so you can get back to it soon.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Always feel the soil before watering to make sure you don't overwater and cause yourself a fungus.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Always feel the soil before watering to make sure you don't overwater and cause yourself a fungus.
I've started using Sunshine 4 and it is a strange soil. It will hold water but have good drainage.

Once I've figured it out it is great. I either water it a little or can water it a lot and not have to water for at least a week but you have to check it.

I had problem with Fungus Gnats in couple plants. I got the bright idea of using Mosquito Bits. This was in a different soil.

I waited until the soil was very dry instead of reading instructions I used. Well my plants looked bad. Counter I used Worm Castings and made a tea. Just looked the plants are still alive but look rough.

Told my Son the only other thing I can do is pull them wash the roots and repot them. Son is saying ride it out and see.

Just like a kid having problems.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
United States
Son came today and looked at my plants. HMM well their still living.

He pulls most the Leaves off. They look really good quit going overboard.

big rockpile

Heirloom farmer1969

Year-round farmer and lover of all of nature
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'm laid up and everyone else is doing.

My Son I know watered yesterday and he was watering again this morning.

I went to him and told him I only water heavy once a week. He told me since it hasn't rain forever and it is 100+F everything needs watering every day.

I'm not doing it so carry on.

big rockpile
I wish I could send you some of all this rain we've been having all spring /summer.

Ask a Question